Monday, February 18, 2013

Amigurumi - Crochet Stuffed Dolls

Amigurumi (編み包み) is the Japanese art of creating small crocheted or knitted stuffed dolls. 

The word "amigurumi" is formed by two words, "amu (編む)," which means "to knit," and "nuigurumi (ぬいぐるみ)," which means "stuffed animal."

The art of amigurumi has quickly spread to the US, and many people have created cute little versions of their favourite characters from movies, games, shows, etc! One seller on Etsy, Amigurumi4u, caught my eyes with her adorable series of female Disney characters.



All of her dolls are custom and handmade with original patterns. I absolutely love the little Merida with her tiny bow, arrows, and quiver! She's also made some adorable Pokemon, ninja turtles, and more! She said each one takes her up to a week to make! That's some incredible patience! You should check out her shop. :]

5 comments:

  1. This is really cool! I've always wanted to learn how to make them. My friend actually made an amigurumi turtle for me, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look so adorable!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaitlin, thanks again for featuring me on your blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me post your adorable dolls! :D

      Delete